The Site is proud to announce our affiliation with the Bear Trap Range located just outside of Coalinga CA for the Long Range Precision Rifle Course. Learn how to combine external ballistics theory and practical field experience to successfully engage targets from 100-2000 yards.
The 3 – day course is designed for the analytical thinker at all levels of the precision rifle long – range discipline. We don’t break the course into multiple levels asking you to return for the next or “advanced” phase. There is no information or practical range application withheld that will enhance your precision rifle skill set. From caliber discussion, optical adjustments, mathematical firing solutions, long range marksmanship and documentation, all essential subject matter will be taught in an outdoor classroom environment then immediately applied on the range.
Acquiring Minute of Angle or Milrad elevation adjustments for any given range is the easy part of long range shooting. The real challenge is evaluating ever-changing wind conditions and applying correct holds to your next round downrange. From day one and throughout the course, you will be immersed in a wind-calling clinic both as the shooter and as a spotter. This is a science where we combine external ballistics theory with the practical field application from 100 to 2000 yards. The limit to your range will be predicated on the caliber you bring to the course. We don’t believe in “expensive noise” (match rounds going downrange without knowing why they were on or off your target). There are no secrets, only physics and range applications made simple.
Location: 14 miles SW of Coalinga, CA
Long Range Precision Rifle, 3 days – $1050
- Class size limited to 8
February 18-20, 2017 (1 slot remaining)
March 27-29, 2017
Long range rifles chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, 260 Remington, 300 Win Mag and 338 Lapua can be rented for $35 per day excluding ammunition. Those renting the rifles are requested to purchase their own ammunition. Call for recommendations.
Point of Contact:
360 941 0280
- Precision rifle (capable of 1 minute of angle accuracy or better)
- Scope with MOA or Milradian adjustment target turrets and Mil-Dot or MOA variant reticle.
- Rifle mounted bipod; because of elevated angles, recommend bipods be adjustable to 13” tall.
- Cheek rest if your rifle does not have a stock with an adjustable cheek piece (Ex. Blackhawk, Hawktex)
- Shooting mat
- Spotting scope/stand (optional)
- Small calculator (smartphone ok)
- Recommend a reputable ballistic app; Shooter or Ballistic AE
- Sand/bean bag(s) for butt stock support
- Rifle Cleaning Equipment: One piece stainless steel or coated rod, 12″ longer than barrel length (no sectional rods), bore guide, bronze bore brush, nylon bore brush, patch jag, appropriate size cotton or flannel patches, powder solvent, copper solvent
- Ear and Eye Protection
- Data book
- Pencils (pens will not write in the rain) You will be provided a course curriculum manual with ample room for taking notes in each chapter
- Clothing appropriate for the week’s weather (check Coalinga, CA prior to departing).
- Ball cap or boonie hat
- Rain gear (we will shoot in the rain if the weather dictates)