Designated Marksman Rifle - 2 Days
Class size limited to 12 students.
The 2 day DMR course is specifically designed for the tactical application of the AR platform or other semi-auto style rifles chambered in 5.56, any of the 6.5/6.8 variants and 7.62 NATO/308, configured with a variable power tactical scope in the 1-6x, 2.5-10x or higher magnification with Mil Dot or MOA style reticle. DMR will focus on extended range distances (100 – 600 yards) and will allow the attendee to bridge the gap between tactical carbine and long-range precision rifle capabilities.
This course provides the attendee with the opportunity to effectively engage stationary targets from 100 to 600 yards and moving targets from 100 to 300 yards.
Topics covered will include:
- DMR set up
- Sighting in, optic windage and elevation MOA adjustments
- Fundamentals of long range shooting
- External Ballistics
- Wind reading
- Rapid target engagements at varying distances
- Moving target engagement and lead computation
- Supported and unsupported positions
- Maximizing reticle dimensions for range finding, holdovers and moving target leads.
- Semi auto in .223, 6.5, 6.8 or 308; AR, SCAR 16/17, FN/FAL platforms capable of 2 MOA or better
- Variable power scope in the 1-6x, 2.5-10x or higher magnification with MIL or MOA type reticle
- Bipod, Harris S series, HBRMS, HBLMS
- 3 magazines
- Data book
- Eye and Ear protection
- Tactical type range bag or backpack
- Clothing appropriate for the weeks weather conditions
- Ball cap
- Spotting scope / Tripod
- Shooting mat
- Cleaning equipment
- One piece SS or coated rod
- Bore guide
- Cotton or flannel patches
- Nylon and bronze brushes
- Bore and copper solvents
300 rounds of match grade ammunition. Note: for the .223, 69, 75 or 77 grain match is required.
Note: Attendees should already be proficient in the care, maintenance and use of their firearm as this is not an entry-level rifle course.
Accuracy and Precision
We teach the precise employment of firearms through the development of solid fundamental techniques. On target, everytime.
Speed is a byproduct of being smooth. Smoothness is developed by going slow and practicing. We teach the techniques to make you smooth and fast.
Safety is paramount. We live by the “four principles of gun safety ” and strive to instill this mentality into every client.
Lessons learned at The Site are enduring. On the range and in the lodge, you are going to love training at The Site.