May 19-20, 2018 at The Site Firearms Training Center
The Site Firearms Training Center is excited to host the Precision Rifle Competition Prep Training Seminar. This is not a precision rifle class but a seminar that addresses those factors that will aide both the novice and seasoned precision rifle competitor in preparing for, and improving their personal and/or team performance. The event will be a combination of short classroom presentations and discussions followed by engaging stationary and moving steel targets out to 600 yards from commonly found competition stage set ups: vehicles, barricades, barrels, simulated roof tops etc.
The event will be lead by the Benchmark Barrels Team of Lucas Beitner and Ron Sinnema, winners of the 2017 Snipers Hide Team Challenge. https://www.snipershide.com/2017-snipers-hide-team-challenge-aar/
We’d never forget our female competitors; Kourtney Fleming of Benchmark Barrels, also a top competitor will be lending her expertise.
Manufacturer representatives who support and sponsor precision rifle organizations and competitions will be present to demo and discuss their products in addition to providing items for the give away table.
Here’s a unique opportunity to up your performance by learning and practicing with those at the top of the game. The following subject matter will be presented, discussed and practiced:
- The gear you would personally bring to a competition including your precision rifle.
- 200 rounds of ammunition
- Firearm Considerations and Setup (advantages / disadvantages);
- Muzzle brakes, suppressors, barrel contours
- Stocks and Chassis
- Acceptable performance standards
- Optic Features and Considerations;
- First vs. Second Focal Plane
- Mil and Minute Reticles
- Turret Features
- Scope Mounting
- Supporting Optics
- Spotting Scopes
- What’s out there and why
- Supporting Gear
- Rests / Bags
- Weather instruments
- Shooting Sticks
- Battle Belt
- Mag Pouches
- Arm boards / Wrist Coaches
- Knee and elbow pads
- Data You Need
- Drop Charts
- Moving target charts
- Wind charts
- Rifle / Equipment Maintenance
- Stage Types and Strategic Solutions
- Positional shooting / acquiring stable positions from prone to standing
- Moving targets
- A Match (the big picture)
- Time Management / “Gaming”
- Match Ethics and Etiquette
- Communicating with the RO / Match Director
- Partner Shooting Dynamics
- Jobs / Responsibilities
- Getting your partner on target
- Communicating as a team / vocabulary
- Good practice vs. lots of practice
- I have little time or a place to practice. The match IS my practice. How and what can I do at home?
- Practice Rifles
- Common Mistakes and Issues at Matches
- Winning vs. Success
Accuracy and Precision
We teach the precise employment of firearms through the development of solid fundamental techniques. On target, everytime.
Speed is a byproduct of being smooth. Smoothness is developed by going slow and practicing. We teach the techniques to make you smooth and fast.
Safety is paramount. We live by the “four principles of gun safety ” and strive to instill this mentality into every client.
Lessons learned at The Site are enduring. On the range and in the lodge, you are going to love training at The Site.